Basilan State College has its beginnings in 1966 when the institution started as the UP Land Grant High School in Sta.
Clara, Lamitan, Basilan by virtue of the Sta. Clara Barangay Charter. It opened up two classes each for the first year and
second year bringing a total enrollment of 120 students. In 1976, the school was converted to UP Sta Clara Barangay High School
through the same Barangay Charter that created it in 1966 with the intent of meeting the demands of the ever increasing young and
adult population in Basilan who were seeking access to education.
Under Presidential Decree No. 1303, it was renamed as Basilan National Agro-Industrial School in 1978 and posted an annual budget
of Php 650,000.00. At this juncture, Secondary curricula for agriculture and trade were incorporated in high school curriculum Read More...